Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Refashioned Tank Top

My son is in Baseball All-Stars this summer and my husband and I bought t-shirts that match the team colors and logo. But, being the great mom that I am, I forgot to buy my daughter one! So the day before game day, I went to the store and picked up a plain tank top and shorts in the team colors. (I apologize for the poor quality of the pics. I need a new camera)















I think they cost me a total of $4. I tried to get creative and think of ways to make this outfit a little less BORING!! So here's what I came up with.


















I bought a roll of yellow/white polka dot ribbon and sewed it around the middle of the tank top. I then took a small piece of ribbon approx 10 inches long and stitched (longest length) along the edge and then pulled one thread to make it gather. After making into a rosette, I sewed on a black button to embellish it and attached to the top.














Then I found some scrap black grosgrain ribbon and folded it and took a small piece of yellow ribbon and folded it over the middle to make a bow. I sewed it to the tank top.


































I thought it turned out really cute and my little girl was the talk of game day! She was the cutest cheerleader...even though she did not want to model the outfit for me :)



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being part of Baby Blogger Thursday at Cookies & Clogs. Congrats on making it through another week - see you next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

I'm a Groovy Find!

Groovy Gal Designs Online--Home of the Groovy Finds

By Hand Giveaways

byhandgiveaways.com

I Love Sarahsewta!

SarahSEWta